Sunday, March 24, 2013

In honour of Peter Cottontail and the oncoming Easter season, I'm dedicating this post to some of my favourite organic cotton items available right here through Stylish Organic Family Living.

Cotton is a great choice for clothing and many types of textile products because it is soft, breathable and natural. It looks great, feels great, and it can last for a very long time. But according to the Organic Trade Association (2011), "cotton covers 2.5% of the world's cultivated land yet uses 16% of the world's insecticides". That's more than any other single major crop!

The alternative is to buy organic cotton, which has all the benefits of conventional cotton but without the pesticides. In short, organic cotton is better for you and better for the environment. So without further ado, here are my top three Easter weekend organic cotton picks!


  1. I recently treated myself to one of these robes, and I absolutely love it! The jersey knit cotton is just the right weight for the spring and summer season and it is extremely soft against my skin.



    My organic cotton robe is the perfect thing to throw on after a relaxing bath or a nice hot shower because it absorbs excess moisture and keeps me nice and warm. If I had my way of ways, I would never take it off! So if you love to lounge, then this is the organic cotton item for you.


  2. I don't have any little ones myself but I adore our animal alphabet organic cotton onesies (only available in USA). These fun and colourful bodysuits are a guaranteed hit at baby showers and are a great way to show your support for the momma to be!




  1. I'm cheating a bit with this one because it's a blend of organic cotton and organic bamboo but I'm including it anyway. I simply love the figure flattering and feminine design of this halter dress by Jonano. It makes me all that much more excited for the warmer weather so that I can take it for a spin!


0 comments: