Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Freerice.com is an interactive website owned by the United Nations World Food Programme that a friend of mine introduced me to some years ago. 

The site is built around a simple but educational word game that involves guessing the correct definition of a given term from a list of possible definitions. For each correct response, 10 grains of rice are donated to the UN World Food Programme to help feed hungry people in need.

I like visiting this site when I have writers block because it helps me clear my head and because it helps me feel like I'm doing something productive instead of just wasting time. So the next time you're in need of a quick diversion, I highly recommend you play a few rounds.  The smarter you get, the more everyone benefits!


0 comments: